Help us build the bank of the future with next-generation technology
From chatbots and machine learning to robotic process automation, our Data Science teams work at the forefront of exciting tech innovation for the UK’s biggest digital bank. By reading, analysing and using big data, they create business solutions that have the potential to change the lives of our 26 million customers and 1 million businesses across the UK. Now we’re searching for new talent to join them.
Your career journey starts here
Are you curious about next-generation technologies? Are you passionate about solving data science challenges? Do you enjoy working collaboratively with diverse groups and working with big data to uncover and present new insights? If the answer is yes, then our Data Science programme is for you.
We’re bringing together the brightest and most driven people and giving them the latest intelligent technologies to develop new data science algorithms and models. This will help us introduce better ways of banking for our customers, and support our colleagues throughout Lloyds Banking Group in making informed decisions, by building their data capabilities.
ABOUT THE PROGRAMME
Over two years, you’ll complete three eight-month placements and work at the centre of some of the most impactful technology changes across Lloyds Banking Group. Not only will you grow your career with us, you’ll have the chance to work on projects with national reach.
Day to day you could be:
- Helping the business to understand how to use data science and coding to help shape their strategies. Could you develop a propensity model to work out how we can help our customers bank with us more efficiently?
- Running quantitative analyses on business problems across Lloyds Banking Group, then working with local teams to propose innovative solutions. Could a Recurrent Neural Network lead to the next breakthrough in fraud prevention?
- Using modern pattern recognition, statistical analysis and machine learning techniques to solve mathematical data science challenges. Can Natural Language Generation create smarter chatbots that our customers enjoy interacting with?
- Developing Python code to test hypotheses, presenting findings to business areas and building end-to-end solutions at an enterprise scale. Your code could help millions of customers and protect billions of pounds.
- Researching and developing new cutting-edge methods and sharing knowledge with the rest of the Data Science community. You could present at conferences across the UK and even make an impact beyond our borders.
REWARDS & BENEFITS
IS THIS FOR YOU?
A 2:2 degree or above in any discipline from any university, and PhD and Masters Students are also welcome. Because of the technical nature of this programme, you’ll also need to have a strong understanding of algebra and probabilities, and of Python coding techniques.LOCATIONS
Our Graduate Programmes are rotational and our Data Science roles and predominately based in London. You may be required to do national placements during the programme.
Everyone comes to Lloyds Banking group with different experiences, skills and knowledge, and these differences give us opportunities to learn and grow. It’s what makes our workplace unique and we encourage people from every kind of background to apply. It’s important for us, and it shows.
Recently, we were named as one of The Times’ Top 50 Employers for Women for the 8th consecutive year, the Top Financial Employer and seventh overall in the 2019 Stonewall Top 100 employers list, and one of The Times’ Top 100 Graduate Employers.
MEET DANIELRead more
As the largest digital bank in the UK we’re dedicated to helping Britain prosper. In 2018 alone, we helped over 100,000 companies start trading, lent £2bn to start-ups and helped 5,000 clients to export their products internationally for the first time – and this is just the start. As part of Lloyds Banking Group, you’ll not only represent Lloyds Bank but our other brands too, including Bank of Scotland, and Scottish Widows. Our focus is to become the bank of the future, and with over 15.9 million digitally active customers and nearly 10 million app mobile users, we’re constantly exploring how to bring new digital solutions to the people who reply on us.
If you’re interested in building the next generation of banking, developing your skills at the UK’s largest digital bank and working on the frontline of emerging technologies, we want to hear from you.
So, if you have, or are on track for a 2:2 degree then apply now. Our biggest tip for the application process is just to be yourself! If you share our vision, are eager to learn and can help push us forward, then we want you.